NAME: (Surname first) Professor Kolawole, Clement Olusegun Olaniran
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: 6th August, 1957, Iyere - Owo
POSTAL ADDRESS: Department of Teacher Education, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
TELEPHONE NUMBER: +234803-334-0402/+234808-729-3680
PRESENT POSITION: Professor and Head, Department of Teacher Education, University of Ibadan
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan - 2001 – 2004
- ii. University of Ibadan, Ibadan - 1994 – 1998
- iii. University of Ibadan, Ibadan - 1990 – 1991
- iv. Ondo State University, Ado-Ekiti - 1984 – 1988
- M. A. English Language
- Ph.D Language Education
- M. Ed Language Education
- B. Ed English Language & Education (2nd Class Upper Division)
(i) B. Ed (Hons) English/Education (ii)
(ii) Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, (TRCN) - Nigeria (iii)
(iii) Certificate of Training Completion, Right-to-Know Basic Awareness Training, Elementary and Childhood Education, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, USA
(i) Dean, Faculty of Education, August 1, 2011 – July 31, 2013, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(ii) Professor (October 2008 - - University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(iii) Senior Lecturer (2002-2008) - Teacher Education Department University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(iv) Lecturer I (1999-2002) - Teacher Education Department University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(v) Lecturer II (1998-1999) - Teacher Education Department University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(vi) Lecturer II (1998), September - University of Ado-Ekiti, Ado-Ekiti
(vii) Assistant Lecturer (1993-1996) - University of Ado-Ekiti, Ado-Ekiti
(viii) Class Teacher (1990-1993) - International School, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
(ix) Tutorial Master (NYSC 1988-1989) – Department of English, Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State.
(i) Staff Adviser, Nigerian Universities Education Students Association
(ii) Deputy Coordinator, Distance Learning Centre (Department of Teacher Education)
(iii) Assistant Warden, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(iv) Acting Warden, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(v) Warden, Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(vi) Member, Senate, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(vii) Member, Governing Council, Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke
(viii) Member, Board of Distance Learning Centre, University of Ibadan
(ix) Member, Board of Governors, The International School, University of Ibadan
(x) Member, Faculty of Education Appointments and Promotions Panel
(xi) Member, Faculty of Arts Board (to represent the Faculty of Education)
(xii) Member, Funds Allocation Committee, University of Ibadan
(xiii) Member, Committee on the Review of Guidelines on Promotions of Academic Staff, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(xiv) Member, Strategic and Internationalization Planning Committee, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
(xv) Exchange Scholar, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Georgia, USA
(xvi) Sabbatical Appointment, Department of Basic Education, University of Education, Winneba, Ghana
(xvii) Chairman, sub-committee on Curriculum Programmes and Activities of the Strategic and Internationalization Planning Committee
(xviii) Chairman, Visitation Panel, The Polytechnic, Ibadan,
(xix) Chairman, Parent-Teacher Association, The International School, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (2011 – 2015)
(xx) Dean, Faculty of Education, University of Ibadan, Ibadan (2011 – 2013)
(xxi) Consultant, Universal Basic Education, Abuja, 2009
(xxii) Consultant, Professional Teacher Development, Jigawa, Katsina and Zamfara States, 2015, 2016
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
(1) Member, Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON)
(2) Member, Reading Association of Nigeria (RAN)
(3) Member, International Reading Association (IRA)
(4) Member, International Council on Education for Teaching (ICET)
(5) Member, International Society for Teacher Education (ISfTE)
(6) Fellow, Centre for Peace and Conflicts Studies (CEPACS)
(7) Member, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
I have successfully supervised eleven Ph.D candidates in the fields of Language Education and Curriculum and Instruction.
PARTICULARS OF Ph.D THESES SUPERVISED TO DATE
1. Ajayi, H. O. (2004): Psycho-Social Factors as Correlates of Primary School Pupils’ Reading Proficiency in the English Language in Ibadan, Nigeria.
2. Oladunjoye, O. S. A. (2005): Effects of Two Collaborative Learning Strategies on Students’Performance in and Attitude to Verbal Communication in the English Language in Ogun State, Nigeria.
3. Arikpo, P. A. Arikpo, A. P. (2005): Self–employment Seeking Behaviour of Graduates in Cross Rivers States, Nigeria.
4. Alade, I. A. Alade, I. A. (2006): Evaluation of Technical Education Curriculum in Colleges of Education in South Western Nigeria.
5. Agboola, V. A. (2009): Evaluation of the Use of English Programme in Polytechnics in South Western Nigeria.
6. Ojo, J. K. (2009): Student, Teacher and School-Related Variables as correlates of Senior Secondary School Students’ Achievement in English Language.
7. Oyinloye, C. A. (2010): Two Variants of Audio-Lingual Method as Determinants of Junior Secondary School Students’ Learning Outcomes in Oral English in Ogun State, Nigeria.
8. Amao, T. A. (2010): Effects of Two Medium of Instruction on Primary School Pupils’ Achievement and Classroom Participation in Osun West Senatorial Zone
9. Alimi, F. O. (2013): Activity-Based and Guided Discussion Methods as Determinants of NCE Pre-service Teachers’ Achievement in and Attitude to Yoruba Essay Writing in South Western, Nigeria.
10. Taiwo, O. A. (2013): Social Studies Curriculum Quality, Ownership and Gender as Predictors of Classroom Practices and Dispositions of Colleges of Education Graduates and Pupils’ Values Acquisition.
11. Akinmusire, A. P. (2014): Critical Reading and Story-Mapping Instructional Strategies as Determinants of Colleges of Education Students’ Classroom Practices and Achievement in English Reading Comprehension.