HEAD OF DEPARTMENT PROFILE
Name: Esther ODUOLOWU
Date of Birth: 08 December, 1955
Phone No: +2348023250915
Email :[email protected]
Academic Qualification (with dates and granting bodies)
- B.Ed (Hons) 1986 University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- M.Ed 1994 University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- Ph.D. 1998 University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- PGD in ECE 2012 University of Victoria, Canada
Professional Qualifications (with date)
B. Ed 1986
Scholarships, Fellowships and Prizes (with dates) in respect of undergraduate and postgraduate works only
- Departmental Prize for Best Overall Student in Teacher Education, University of Ibadan - 1986.
- RansomeKuti Award for Best Female Student of Department of Teacher Education, University of Ibadan - 1986.
- Bashorun M. K. O Abiola Post-Graduate Award Research Fellowship, University of Ibadan – 1994.
- Bashorun M. K. O Abiola Travel Grant for Postgraduate Teachers, University of Ibadan – 2002.
Areas of Specialisation
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- History and Policy of Education
- Educational Diplomacy
Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Associations
(a) Member:NationalAssociation for the Education of Young Children. (NAEYC) 2006 to date.
(b) Member:Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) 2006 to date
(c) Member:World Organisation for Early Childhood Education (OMEP) Nigeria chapter. 1996 to date
(d) Treasurer:Social Studies Association of Nigeria (SOSAN), Western Zone 1999 – to date.
(e) Member: University Senate, University of Ibadan. 1998-to date.
(f) Vice-President: Foundation for the Promotion of Childhood Development 2018 - to date
(g) Member; African Early Childhood Network 2018 to date
- Masters Dissertation- 80
- Ph. D 10
- On-going Ph. D 8
- Play and Resilience
- The Global Child Rights Dialogue
- Dissertation 1
- Thesis 1
- Text book 2
- Chapter-in- books 4
- Journal Articles 37
- Technical Report 7
- Commissioned Research 7
Other Areas of Interest
- Capacity Building of ECE stakeholders